Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lost in translation

Just like i was explaining in my previous blog, its hard to find news worthy information with all the clutter of American Idol fan blogs and videos! So the second best way to get the word on the street is from the word on the street. Last night one of my friends brought up this whole Al Qaeda video business and how Al Qaeda had made a new video talking about the President Elect Barack Obama. Apparently in this video they attack Obama as basically an "Uncle Tom" working for the white devil. I'm definitely not a fan of Al Qaeda but how do we know that everything they are saying in those videos is being translated right? Truth be told, I had watched a Spanish language movie with subtitles and no lie the translations did not express the context or sometimes the exact words being used. The subtitles in this movie presented a whole different movie from the one i was understanding in the language it was made in. So this leads me to ask myself how often are we mislead by translations or more so by just believing what we are told. Maybe our governments don't have the power we perceive them to have, maybe all that talk of the new world order will come, or already has come, in the form of global media. I might sound like one of those conspiracy extremest and trust me i don't believe myself to be one, but at some point you have to wake up and feel the fire burning in front of you or your going to get burned. I might be just as passive as the next guy when it comes to all this mumbo jumbo but the difference between me and the next guy is, when the sh@# hits the fan, I wont be surprised! 


No comments: